Applicants should be nominated by our contracted Sister Universities, and have completed at least one year of university work prior to participation in the exchange. Individual application will not be processed.
The following language proficiency level is recommended but not mandatory for applicants:
Appling to CLA, NTNU
Please log in the Online Application System with the UserID and Password provided by your home university.
- One original copy of application form, signed and attach 2 passport-size photos.
- Photocopy of applicant’s passport.
- One letter of recommendation written in English or in Chinese.
- One copy of a study plan (approx. 800 to 1000 words) written in English or in Chinese.
- One copy of English official academic transcripts (for undergraduate or graduate studies).
- One copy of student ID or Enrollment certificate
How to Apply
Please fill out the form during the scheduled period below, print the form out, add applicant’s signature, and submit all the required HARD COPY documents BY POST to the College of Liberal Arts at NTNU.
- Fall Semester
Term Time: September – January
Application Period：1st March – 30th April
- Spring Semester
Term Time: February – June
Application Period：1st September – 31st October
To Do List before Arrival
Exchange students (students who apply for summer session are not included) need to apply for“Resident visa”and then transfer to“Alien Resident Certificate (ARC)”within 15 days after arrival.
According to the regulation, all exchange students should purchase insurance during their exchange period. NTNU will NOT provide (self-paid) Student Group Insurance.
All exchange students are required to purchase both overseas Accidental Insurance & overseas Health Insurance. Each kind of insurance shall worth a minimum of NT$1,000,000 (approx. US$33,000) valid for the entire exchange period.
From the 5th month of the stay, students are required to join National Health Insurance (NHI) held by Taiwanese government.
Mind your Visa expired date and remember to apply ARC with 15 days after you arrive.
Document: more information fo ARC application and visa extension
To complete your registration, please visit the following offices:
- Course Enrollment
Selecting courses please get the form in the Office of International Affairs. Submit your course selection sheet to the Curriculum Division and the Registration Division.
Get the keys from dorm reception and do some daily shopping.
- Mobile Phone
You can buy Sim Card at the airport and remember to let the Vice Dean Office and the Office of International Affairs know your number.
Courses & Programs
Exchange students can participate in the following programs:
1. Regular academic courses at NTNU, including undergraduate and graduate courses in all subjects (Please note that some courses with special requirements are upon instructor’s permission).
2. Please also note that all incoming exchange students should take at least one course at the host department and one in Global Culture Program.
3. Chinese Language Courses at Mandarin Training Center (MTC). (Please contact us for requesting the tuition of Chinese Language Courses).
Availability of on-campus dorm room is limited and application needed.
Rent: NTD $40,000 / semester
Living costs in Taipei
Approximately living costs (exclusive housing and insurance): NTD $7,000 – 10,000 (US$220~315) / month.*